Genie Garage Door Opener, Bronx
Every time we are using the motor to our garage, and it doesn’t matter if it is a Genie garage operator or Liftmaster operator, we taking it for granted that we can control the door from distance using the remote control or the keypad, and in our day even from a smartphone. Now when if you search online for garage door supplier near Bronx NY, you will find that there are many suppliers who offer “the best garage operator in New York”, and who promise that the operator they offer is the strongest and the most reliable one. Different garage doors suppliers have different opinions, and while a garage door supplier in Gardena will tell you that he believe that the garage home operator made by Genie is the best garage operator, another garage door supplier in Bronx will tell you that he believe that it is actually the garage operators made by Liftmaster is the best garage operator for homes in New York.
This article isn’t about which garage operator is the best in New York. This article is about the Genie garage door operator, the advantages, how reliable it is, and the ways to install and troubleshoot a garage operator manufactured by Genie. BQE Garage Doors wrote another article about Liftmaster operators that you can check out in case you would like to compare between the 2 different brands.
Where can I buy Genie Garage Operator in Bronx?
There are many different places where you can purchase a garage door operator made by Genie. You can find it online, you can find it at home depot, Sears, Lowe’s and others. If you are planning to install the new garage operator by “do-it-yourself” (DIY), you can purchase the right operator from any of them. But if you are planning to hire a local garage door specialist in Bronx, you might want to consider purchasing the operator straight from the supplier.
In case you are wondering why it is better to purchase Genie garage operator from the same company that will install the Genie operator for you, we can tell you that in terms of warranty, it is better to have everything in one place. So if something goes wrong, the installer will not be able to blame the Genie garage operator since he is the one who supplied and install the operator.
Which Genie Operator to install?
There are few types of Genie garage operators: The Belt drive, the chain drive and the screw drive. And the operator you will choose to install depend on few things such as: Who will do the installation? And how much the noise level of the operator matter to you. For example: If you are looking to install the new Genie operator by yourself (DIY), you might want to purchase the screw drive Genie operator, which is considered relatively easy to install. If you are planning to hire a local garage doors expert in Bronx NY for the installation, the chain or the belt drive operators made by Genie will be a great option. And if you are wondering which Genie garage operator is the best for you, you can check out this article about garage operators types that explain the differences between the types of operators that can be found in New York.
In general, we will tell you that the belt drive operator made by Genie is considered quiet and reliable, and although might cost little more, it definitely worth the investment since their life cycle for residential garage doors in Bronx can go above 20 years when well maintained and properly used.
Genie garage operator installation Bronx
There are couple ways to get a new Genie garage operator installed: You can either do it yourself (Or hire the local handyman to install the Genie operator for you, or to hire a local garage doors company in Bronx NY to do the installation for you. And since a new operator installment shouldn’t be done more than once every 10 years or more (When installing a high quality garage operator such as Genie operator), BQE Garage Doors highly recommend hiring a qualified garage doors specialist who can supply and match the right operator for you garage door, and who has the tools as well as the knowledge and experience to perform a professional installation. If you would like to install the Genie garage operator by yourself, you can visit this garage doors community and read articles as well as watch tutorials about garage door DIY.
All Genie garage operators comes with user manual. Follow the instructions in order to get the best of your Genie operator, and do not ignore the safety guidelines. And under no circumstances: Do not install the electric operator without a safety component. Genie or Liftmaster, every automated rollup door in United States must include a safety feature.
Accessories for Genie Garage operator
The conventional kit of Genie Garage doors operators include few accessories that come with the motor. Here is a list of components and their use:
- Wireless Keypad: The wireless key pad is mounted to the wall right next to the garage, and it allow keyless opening of the door. They are a great solution for people who want to be able to access the garage (Or the house in case the garage is attached without a key, simply by using 4 digits code that can be choose at the installation of new Genie garage operator. If you are not sure what the keypad is, look at one of the garages in your neighborhood in Bronx and you will see in most of them a keypad mounted to the wall at the entrance to the garage.
- Remote Control: This is the most popular way to open and close the door to the garage. The Genie remotes (Clickers) are relatively small, and can be carried in the pocket or inside the car. They rarely break and all you will need to do is to replace their battery every certain amount of time.
- Wall-switch: The Genie wall switch is installed inside the garage, at a location from which you will be able to see the entrance to the garage. It allow you to open and close the door without the remote, to control the way the Genie garage door operator behave (In some models), and to troubleshoot the door in case something went wrong.
- Safety Feature: This is the time to tell you that every garage operator should include a safety feature. The safety reversing system can come in different shapes such as the laser safety sensors or the safety edge. But no matter which one you will choose, it must be included in the installation! Whether it is a garage door operator in Bronx, or garage door operator installation near Scarsdale, a safety feature should be installed at the time of the installation. And not only to be installed, the safety feature should be installed properly according to the safety guidelines.
You might wonder why you must include a safety feature for every automated garage door in New York, and we have 2 answers to that:
- It is required by a federal law.
- This is for your safety. Just think about the closing door when there is something bellow it. We assume we do not need to go farther with that description and what can happen.
Genie operator troubleshoot
Why the safety sensor light is blinking?
Genie safety feature troubleshooting: As we explained earlier, every automated garage door, whether it is equipped with Genie operator or not must include a safety feature. A flashing “Safe T Beam LED” indicator means a malfunction has occurred and it need to be addressed in order for the operator to operate safely again. The first thing you should do is to make sure that there is no dirt covering the lenses. Second, check if the wire is damaged, cut or disconnected. If the LED indicator continues to flash, although you checked and saw that everything is in place, see your owner's manual for a list of possible causes or contact a local garage door company in New York who will come and fix the issue for you.
Why the operator isn’t closing the door all the way?
If the door is closing part of the way, and then reverse to open position (Unlike garage doors that close partly and stuck in the middle). Check for and clear any obstructions at the door’s path. If there is nothing at the door’s path, check to see if the laser sensors are working properly. If there is a blinking light, see the paragraph above for troubleshoot. If the problem continue, hire a local expert to fix the issue.
Why Genie operator running, but the door is not moving?
This might be one of the simplest issues to solve, and for that you do not need to hire local garage door expert in Bronx to come and repair it for you. Your garage door might got disconnected from the operator. Check that the emergency-release cord has not been pulled. If indeed this is the reason why the operator is running but the door isn’t moving, you will need to reengage the carriage. The method to reengage the carriage depends on the model of garage door operator you own. See your owner's manual for more details, or watch a DIY tutorial on how to engage Genie garage operator.
BQE Garage Doors offer same day service for Genie Operators. Whether you need new Genie operator installation, or service the existing Genie operator, get in touch with us today for same day service in Bronx.
Our Garage Door Services in Bronx
- Bronx garage door technician
- Bronx garage door installer
- Bronx emergency overhead door technician
- Bronx Liftmaster technician
- Bronx Genie opener technician
- Bronx Amarr doors technician
- Bronx Wayne Dalton technician
- Bronx Garage Door technician