Rollup Door Opener Bronx
Attempting to open up iron roll-down shutter which is not electrical using the chain or a manual open iron door can be a nightmare. The winter months in Bronx are when we get the most calls for electrical roll-doors installment and repairs. And the reason is that using the iron chain to open up or close as roll-up door can become impossible. Some people mistakenly assume that it is better to install the roll-door, and in the future to add the electric opener. Although that in some cases they might be right, it is not always like that. The installment of electrical roll down gate is different than the installment of manual one, which will be operated manually. If the gate will be connected to a motor, the spring we will use on a push up roll down gate might be different from the spring we will be using for a roll-door in Bronx which will be connected to electric motor in the future. Also in terms of costs: Installing the opener at the same time as installing the roll-up door itself will cost less than to do the opener installment in two parts.
Which roll-up door opener to install?
Each rolling iron door in Bronx require different type of opener. No one will expect a center opener for a push up gate in the Bronx which is being used once or twice, to fit a commercial roll up door in Westchester County which is being used 100 times a day or more. The opener simply won’t last for long. Each gate require a different opener, and a qualified roll-up doors installer in Bronx should be able to determine which one is the best operator for a specific iron door. The size of the roll-door (and the material the gate was made of – affect the weight of the curtain), make the difference between the different openers. Before installing new operator for a roll-down shutter in Bronx, here are few things you should ask or tell the installer:
Tips for new rolling iron door opener installment in Bronx:
- How often the commercial door will be used a day?
- Do I need the roll-up door to be connected to a motor?
- What type of commercial door will be installed?
- What other electrical roll-up door accessories will I need?
- Will I also need remotes to be supplied?
- What are for a motor installation?
- Where the opener will be installed?
- Is there power outlet near the gate?
- What is the experience of the installer?
- What brand of motor (power-master-Lift-master etc.)?
Roll up door opener repair Bronx
It can be a Powermaster opener in the Bronx, or a residential Liftmaster roll-up door opener near Nyack NY. Our roll-up gates experts can deal with any type of roll-up door opener near Bronx. But before we begin, there is one important thing need to be clear: Not every commercial roll door opener can or should be fixed. Many times – especially when it is an old opener (12 years or more) - replacing the unit completely and install a new roll up operator will be the wisest decision. Many store owners in New York New York tend to assume that fixing the existing operator is always the cheapest option. So we would like to tell you something we learned of years of servicing commercial rolling iron doors in the Bronx: fixing the opener isn’t always the cheapest option. A roll-up operator which damaged in a way that damaged the way it operate will never be as strong as it used to be.
There are opener’s issues that can be easily repaired, and should be repaired. In those cases replacing the operator will be a waste of money. And there are serviced that should not be made, since the operator will not last for long. If we think that repairing the electrical roll-door will not be the best service, and the opener will need to be replaced, we will not repair the opener. We do not want to repair opener that will stop working again in few months. BQE Garage Doors built a reputation in Bronx, and we will not something that will put that reputation at risk.
Why the roll-up door opener got stuck?
Before we try to answer the question what is the reason the roll-door opener got stuck, we first like to tell you that even if it look seem as it is the door’s opener that can’t open up the gate, it does not mean that there is something wrong with the opener, You would be surprised to learn how many calls we get from store and businesses owners who tell us that the operator is now working, and when we arrive and inspect the door, we find that the opener is fine, and what broke is actually another part of the commercial door.
Let’s take for example a roll-down shutter problem like a roll-down shutter that its spring broke. When the spring break, it will be difficult and many times - if it is a heavy duty gate - even impossible to open up the shutter. Now even if it is an electrical roll-door, the operator will not be able to open the door since it doesn’t get the assist that the spring should provide it with.
The bottom line is that it might seem to you that an electrical roll-door is not working due to a problem with the opener, when it actually a problem with the roll-door itself. It can be a roll-up door in the Bronx, or garage door in Brooklyn, you need the services of a professional gate service provider to solve the problem by repairing the door.
Commercial roll-down opener Bronx NYC
The industrial roll-down shutters in the Bronx can sometime be used 80 times a day, and there are roll-doors in Bronx which are being operated more than 150 times a day. And if it is an industrial roll-down shutter, it need industrial operator, which will make the roll-door work whenever it is needed. So is not the place to try and save money. The difference between top quality gate opener and the poor quality gate operator can be double and even more. But the money you think you will be saving by installing the cheapest operator, you will spend after few months when the operator will stop working. If you own industrial electrical roll-down shutter near the Bronx, and you need new operator, invest your money in high quality operator. You will save money since you won’t need to deal with the gate again any time soon. There aren’t many service providers in the Bronx that offer top quality gate operators such as the openers made by Power-Master openers, and thinking that you made a great deal by installing the cheapest opener will turn to be a bad business when you will need someone to service your electrical gate soon.
Store-front door operator Bronx NY
If you want to install a new opener over your store-front roll down door, you got to the right place. BQE Garage Doors from The Bronx offer solution for all types of rolling iron doors, including electrical store-front iron doors. The store-front iron doors are usually being used once or twice a day: When the store is open and when it closed. And as a business owner, you probably know that if you can’t open the store in the morning, it means a loss of money, and that your customers or the people who run the store will not be able to get inside. You do not want to find yourself searching for emergency roll-door repairs in New York. And you can avoid that when you install a high quality opener over your roll-door.
Tips for electrical roll-doors in Bronx
We gathered some information and tips that can help troubleshoot electrical roll-door opener. It is written after many years of servicing industrial electrical iron doors in Bronx NY. The tips we bring here, as the information we share with you, are not a replacement for the consolation of a qualified service provider. BQE Garage Doors service all types of roll-doors near the Bronx NY. It can be a roll down gate repair In Yonkers, or a commercial roll-door in Harlem. Any time, any day, one of the experts of BQE Garage Doors can be there for you.
- If the roll-down shutter does not operate properly when it is being used manually, hire a local service provider in Bronx to repair it before adding and setting up a new gate opener. Installing new opener will not make the roll-down shutter work if there was a problem prior to the new opener set up. If the spring is weak, or if it has been a long time since someone greased the gate, you will need to take care of the problems first. You have to make sure that the shutter can operate normally when it is in manual mode. If it shows any signs of issues, if it is suddenly difficult to open up the gate, if the slats are damaged, or if there are broken parts that need to be replaced, all those issues are not going to disappear when you install the new operator. And you can even burn the new opener you recently set up.
- The cheap poor quality openers will turn into the most expensive since they do not last for long. Using an electric opener which is not the right opener for the gate is literally a waste of money, and can even be dangerous. Never use opener which is not specified by the manufacturer of the roll-door! Trying to save money by using the wrong opener usually end with spending much more in the future. When you invest in quality roll down gate operator you might be investing more money at the moment, but you will be saving a lot of money in the future when you will have a perfectly operating electrical roll-down shutter. It can be a commercial rolling gate, or a garage door opener in the Bronx, quality is always the right way.
- Commercial rolling doors are not the place for DIY attempts! Don’t try to install the gate yourself or by using someone who isn’t qualified for the task. Setting up new rolling door operator is a task that require knowledge and tools that only service providers who installed and fixed roll up doors in the Bronx can deal with.
- We go over it again: If rolling door is broken, it shouldn’t be used. Not manually nor with the electric opener. First you will have to take care of the issues with the door or the door’s mechanism, and only when the gate is operable manually it should be motorized.
For rolling gate and rollup doors opener service in the Bronx, get in touch with BQE Garage Doors, or call us at 917-809-9328.